Monday, November 2, 2009

Refrigerator Rolls

I got this one from my sis-n-law Emily:
3/4 C. Warm Milk
6 T. Sugar
1 t. Salt
2 pkgs. yeast (or 2 Tablespoons)
1/3 C. melted shortening ( I have used oil, or melted butter and both have also worked)
1/2 C. lukewarm water
1 egg beaten
4 1/2 c. flour
In large mixing bowl combine milk, sugar, salt, yeast, shortening and water. Stir until yeast is dissolved. Add egg and stir. Add
2 1/2 cups of flour. Stir until smooth. Add additional flour and mix well. Place dough in oiled (pam spray) bowl and turn to coat (I just spray the top of the dough). Cover and store in fridge at least 2 hours or until needed. To use, punch dough down and cut as much as desired. Form rolls and let rise until doubled. Bake rols at 400 for 10 minutes. Dough may be stored in fridge for 10 minutes. Dough may be stored in fridge for 2-3 days.
For me it makes about 15 good sized rolls. But you could make a little each night for a couple of days.

No comments: