Sunday, March 7, 2010

Red Beans and Rice

Matt had this on his mission a lot and waited three years to make it for me. When he made it I thought for sure I wouldn't like it...and I ate three bowls at dinner (don't forget, I am pregnant). It's simple and cheap! We figured it costs less than $7 dollars to make and makes something like 12 servings.

1 pkg of family size Zatarans Red Beans and Rice mix
2 cans of red beans (not kidney)
1 polska kielbasa sausage...I'm not sure what that means. Really all you need is one of those slabs of sausage (any kind) that are kind of in the shape of a horse shoe. I hope that makes sense.

We've also added a half cup of normal rice (cooked separately) just to add to the mix if you want.

Mix the box, according to directions. After, add the extra beans (and rice, if you want) and cut up sausage and add that. Let it warm for 5 minutes or so.

Eat up! It's so yummy, seriously. And, it's not very spicy from coming from the south!

No comments: