Sunday, November 4, 2007

Mary’s Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 ½ cups butter or margarine, softened
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
1 ¼ cups packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 eggs
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 (12 oz /4cups) bags of milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)

-Heat oven to 375˚F. In large bowl, mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips.
On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by level ¼ cupfuls about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with fork.

-Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool.

*We bake half the batch and freeze the rest of the dough, it tastes just as good the second time around! These are seriously the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies I've ever had!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are pretty darn good. I rolled them into 1 inch balls and they turned out fabulous.

Anonymous said...

One sneaky variation I tried the other day, I put half the butter in and half of white navy beans for the rest of the butter. I mixed them up really well and my kids could not tell a difference! I even gave them out to neighbors and they were soft and delicious!