Friday, November 22, 2013

Banana Cream Pie

This is Steve's favorite pie so I've tried tons of different recipes. This is his and my favorite version. And it's one of the easier ones... so bonus!

1 Graham cracker crust
1 Egg White, Whipped
1 Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (5.9 oz)
2 1/2 c. Milk
1 tsp Banana extract
2 c. Heavy Whipping Cream*
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1-2 Bananas sliced

-Brush the egg white onto the crust and bake at 375 for 10 minutes, cool and set aside.
-Mix the milk and pudding in a large bowl, set aside.
-Beat the Whipping cream, sugar and extract together until stiff peaks form.
-Fold half the whipped cream into the pudding mixture and sliced bananas.
-Put pudding mixture in pie crust, top with the rest of the whipped cream and chill until ready to serve.

There is usually too much filling for an 8 inch crust so I just put it in some mugs for a treat later.

*When I don't have heavy whipping cream I use Dream Whip and get a very similar outcome.

No comments: