Saturday, April 10, 2010

Potato Tortilla Soup

2 cans cream of potato soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can evaporated milk
1 can mexi corn
1 can green chili's (it still tastes good if you forget and leave it out)
grilled chicken, in taco seasoning, cut into strips OR canned chicken or whatever is easiest.
If you don't cook the chicken with the taco season (like if you're cooking with canned chicken), I just add taco seasoning to the whole soup.
1-2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican style cheese

3-6 flour tortillas OR tortilla chips 

Throw everything into a crockpot or pot on the stove, it just needs time to heat up and melt the cheese. 2 hours in a crockpot is probably good, less if on the stove. Add the tortilla strips towards the end, so they don't get soggy. We like to dip tortilla chips in it, we like the crunch. Either way is yummy!

1 comment:

Angi said...

OHHH MY GOOOSH Mary this was AWESOME! My whole little fam just gobbled it up. I used one jar of my bottled shredded chicken, 1/8 cup taco seasoning, and 1 cup of mexican cheese. It was sooo good even leftover. I cooked it 2 hours in the crockpot. I think I might try another hour next time to see if the corn gets a little softer. It was way good though! Thanks for the recipe!