Friday, October 3, 2008

Fruit Salad

I went to make mom's cookie salad last night and found that I didn't have all the ingredients. I improvised and I think I like this even better. I thought I'd share with you.

1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
2/3 c. buttermilk (this was my leftover from making the cafe rio dressing a.k.a. creamy tomatillo)
1/3 c. milk - I used skim
1- 8 oz vanilla yogurt - thick n' creamy if you can
1 small container frozen Cool Whip
1 small can pineapple chunks
1 small can mandarin oranges
1 regular size can fruit cocktail

I beat the pudding powder with the buttermilk and milk and let it set while the cool whip was slightly thawing and I drained the fruits. Then I beat in the yogurt. Fold in the Cool Whip and stir until blended. Stir in fruit.
*You'll notice I left out the fudge stripe cookies, that's because if I had them in my house they wouldn't last long enough to make it to the salad. I like it this way though.

No comments: